18 February 2009

a sad day...

Christmas is officially over at our house! the Christmas tree (aka Mardi Gras tree) is down. If we consider it a Mardi Gras tree, then I'm actually a week ahead of the game! We all LOVE having the tree up, even Orum seemed a little sad to see it packed away. I've been warning the kids for over a week that we had to take it down soon, and their reply was always "NOOOOOOOO!" (a whinny one of course) But as of today, they are all down...all 4!
It was a little easier to do it this year, since all the lights quit working 2 weeks ago! and the fact that i need to take it and all my other Christmas junk home this weekend to put in "storage." (my storage being a corner in one of my daddy's warehouses at his office...which continues to multiply every trip home, and he's ever so happy about!) only 280 days until we can get out again!

2 comments:

Kara said...

You may hold the record for keeping your tree up the longest! Is there fun stuff for families during Mardi Gras??

melanie, aka Mo said...

Man, I loved that felt barette. Let's make some when you come home. Shamrocks and Easter eggs!! Holla! Melanie