07 June 2009

bug appetit...

On Saturday, we went to the insectarium for the first time. the kids LOVED it! Elijah was most excited about eating bugs--he'd been talking about doing it for days. I think it's pretty safe to assume that Orum was the one who got him excited about that. On the menu...meal worms and wax worms.Orum was first up.
Elijah wasn't quite sure about it once he saw them, but if daddy does it he usually does too.
yeah...he liked them! he had some bar-b-que meal worms for his main course, followed by some cinnamon sugar meal worms for dessert. I CAN NOT believe that my baby boy ate bugs! Honestly, at this point I would not be suprised to hear that he wants to be on fear factor!
Once Renée heard the word "dessert," she decided that she wanted one too! First a lick...
then a taste.
She didn't like the way it crunched in her mouth, and quickly spit it out.
and for the extra brave--cricket beignets.
He decided that he would just eat the good stuff, and make scary sounds at the cricket.
I'm just happy they were serving these! I don't think I could have watched that. They were serisouly as big as my hand!

2 comments:

melanie, aka Mo said...

Hey. Yall better come back home where we don't have insectisariums or whatever! We just step on roaches!

What's next teaching them to start fires with flint?

Rachel said...

All I can say is wow! I have to admit that is really nasty--even if the bugs were "flavored". Just the thought of eating bugs--NO THANKS! By the way where are the pictures Of you enjoying those delectable delights? Ha ha. I'm glad you had a fun time.