27 April 2009

eat up...

so after WAAAY too many days of hazel eating every 3 hours around the clock, i decided it couldn't be just a growth spurt! in the past i started foods at about 5 months, but today i broke out the rice cereal...
she had to be wondering why she was wearing such a cute bib and what it was for!
i made her a little bowl...and as always she stared me and the food down!

{wow! they are giving me the spoon?!}
and don't think she did this alone! i know this picture is blurry, but of course renée and elijah were not going to let her eat without them! they had a little battle of who would be closer...because from the floor "they couldn't see her!" riiiight...
there were lots of silly faces...

and a little mess...but in the end she was quite pleased with herself! orum even took a study break to come join in the fun! {for some reason he thinks he must be the first to feed the babies with a spoon...and he wasn't going to miss out on this one!}
and when she was done...she was tired and full! here's hoping to more sleep tonight! oh, how i miss her 8/9 hour stretches, but if that's my only complaint i guess it's not that bad!

2 comments:

Cat said...

Yay Hazel!!! Now come the fun diapers. :)

Jason and Kate said...

I've been wondering if I should start rice cereal with Wyatt. He is fascinated with all things grown up and watches us when we eat. I think it might be time. I'm a little nervous to say the least because I've never done it. Any tips?